Friday, September 23, 2011

Forever


          Let me pray for you
But he was already dying
                    Why?
My body shuddering
                    All I can think of
Is wasted days in anger

          Never will I see his smile again

His palm against my cheek
          I don't have enough time
                    I never had enough time
I want to stay in this moment
          His body against mine
                    Nothing else

I'm not ready
          Not ready for his death
For I finally realize
          I choose him
Over everything
          I choose him

I know he's infected
          I know he has to be put down
I grab for the scythe
          As I swing the blade

His eyes open

Those impossibly green eyes
          Usually searching for me,
                    Now too vivicous

He now falls limp

I love him, but
          He is gone,
                    Forever

I want his hand
          To feel him one last time
His fingers laced through mine
          But he is too far away

I wonder if there ever was
                    A crueler world
Than one that forces us

                    To kill

The people we love most.

No comments:

Post a Comment